B.Sc. Applied Biochemistry (ASUTECH), M.Sc. Biochemistry (Benin), Ph.D. Biochemistry (Lagos).
Science and Technology
Enzyme Technology, Waste Bio-conversion, Public Health – Non-Communicable Diseases (Obesity, Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Weight-related ailments), and Neglected Tropical diseases
Awards & Honours
1. Keynote Speaker at the One-Day Enzymes’ Stakeholders Engagement Forum: “Utilization of Indigenous Industrial Enzymes in Nigeria: Bridging the Gap between Enzymes Cost, Foreign Reserve and Government Policy”. Federal Institute of Industrial Research, Oshodi (FIIRO), Lagos, November 30, 2021.
2. Keynote Speaker at the 24th Biennial National Convention of the University of Nigeria Alumni Association (UNAA): “Restoring the dignity of the Nigerian man in a recessed economy” The Bells University, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria. December 1-3, 2017.
3. Fellow, Corporate Administration Institute (FCAI). Fellowship Award of the Institute of Corporate Administration, Abuja, Nigeria (March 2014).
4. Best Researcher Award, College of Medicine, 1st Annual Research Conference & Fair, October, 2005, University of Lagos, Nigeria. http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/metro/article02/280706
5. Best Graduating M.Sc. Student, Department of Biochemistry, University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria (November 1988).
Enzymology, Molecular Biology, Industrial Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Genetics, Genetic Engineering
Current Postgraduate Supervision
1. Ayodeji, Lemo O. Biochemical Assessment of Selected Cassava (Manihot esculanta Grantz) Varieties in Nigeria for High Fructose Syrup Production (Ph.D.)
2. Afolabi, Rufus O. Molecular Characterization and Crystallographic Studies of RNA Pseudouridylate Synthase of Plasmodium Falciparum. (Ph.D.)
3. Fashola, Folake A. Biochemical Characterization of Fungal Glucose Oxidases and Application in Ligno-Cellulosic-Based Bioethanol Production (Ph.D.)
4. Avwaghwaruvwe Ogheneyoma E. Bioactive Constituents and Antidiabetic Activities of Selected African Plants (M.Sc.)
1. 7th International Bioethics Forum: “Ethical Considerations among Special Populations.” Nigerian Institute of Medical Research, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria. December 2-10, 2021.
2. One-Day Enzymes’ Stakeholders Engagement Forum. Federal Institute of Industrial Research, Oshodi (FIIRO), Lagos, November 30, 2021.
3. Covenant University E-Learning Content Development Training, Nov. 24 – 26, 2020.
4. 3rd CHREC Biennial Training Workshop, Covenant University, Nov. 18 – 20, 2020.
5. 5th Covenant International Conference on African Development Issues, C-ICADI 2020, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria. September 24 -25, 2020.
6. 2nd Pharma-Foods Congress, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria. Sept. 8 -9, 2020.
7. 2019 Annual International Bioethics Forum: “Study Participant Protection: Translating Principles to Practice”, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria. December 12 – 13, 2018.
8. 3rd Annual Symposium of African Forum for Research and Education in Health (AFREhealth). Aug. 5 – 9, 2019 Lagos Continental Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
9. 3rd Bioethics Workshop organized by the West African Centre for Cell Biology of Infectious Pathogens (WACCBIP) under its Wellcome Trust/AESA DELTAS Program at MRTC, University of Sciences, Techniques and Technologies, Bamako, Mali. December 17 – 19, 2018.
10. 2018 Annual Bioethics Forum: “Bioethics, Vulnerability and Protection from Exploitation in Research”, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria. December 12 – 13, 2018.
11. 1st International Conference on Alternate Sweeteners organized by International Research Network on Alternate Sweeteners in collaboration with FIRRO and Lagos State University, Federal Institute of Industrial Research, Oshodi (FIRRO), Lagos, Nigeria. December 3 – 5, 2018.
12. 20 hours Training Course on Total Quality Management (TQM). Building Trust for Trade: The National Quality Infrastructure Project for Nigeria organized by the United Nations International Development Organizations (UNIDO) in Collaboration with the European Union (EU), held at Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria, November 26 -30, 2018.
13. 2-Day Training Workshop for Covenant Health Research Ethics Committee (CHREC) members on ‘Protection of Human Participants and Responsible Conduct of Research’ organized by Bioethics Society of Nigeria in collaboration with Capacity Strengthening of HRECs in Nigeria Project. Covenant University, Ota, May 10 – 11, 2018.
14. 36th Annual Conference of Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria. November 13 – 17, 2017.
15. Experimental Biology (EB) 2017 Conference, McCormick Place, Chicago, Illinois, USA, April 22–26, 2017.
16. 35th Annual Conference of Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria. November 1 – 4, 2016.
17. 7th Annual Conference of Consortium of Universities for Global Health, Hilton hotel, San Francisco, USA, April 8 – 11, 2016.
18. Experimental Biology (EB – 2016) Conference, Convention Center, San Diego, USA, April 2–6, 2016.
19. 14th World Congress of Public Health, Kolkata, India, February 11 – 15, 2015.
20. Workshop on ‘How to review protocols and provide constructive feedbacks’. Training of Covenant University Research Ethics Committee members on protocol review, research monitoring and community engagement, Covenant University, October 13 – 15, 2015.
21. 3rd Nigerian Annual Clinical Trial Summit, Advancing Global Clinical Trials in the West African Sub-region, Sheraton Lagos Hotel, Lagos, Nigeria, June 1 – 3, 2015.
22. Workshop on Improved Learning Methods in Higher Education System, Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Nigeria. April 9-12, 2013.
23. 13th World Congress on Public Health, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 23-27 April 2012.
24. 37th Annual Conference of Parasitology and Public Health Society of Nigeria (PPSN), University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria, September 17 – 20, 2013.
25. 32nd Annual Conference of Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calabar, Nigeria, November 14-17, 2012.
26. 11th Annual Scientific Conference and General Meeting of the Nigerian Society of Experimental Biology (NISEB), University of Lagos. March 28 – 31, 2011.
27. Research Funding Opportunities Training Workshop on “Research Professional Africa database”, jointly organized by Research Professional Africa, Cape Town, South Africa and the University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria, November 29, 2010.
28. 11th Mandatory Training Workshop of the Institute of Public Analysts of Nigeria (IPAN) – The Use of High Precision Instruments in Laboratory Analysis-, Lagos, Nigeria, April 27-28, 2010.
29. 2nd International Biotechnology Symposium, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria. March 23-26, 2010.
30. 31st Annual Conference of Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria. October 31st – Nov. 3rd 2011.
31. Regional Capacity Building Workshop on Institutional Quality Assurance Systems, Principles, Practices and Problems for Anglophone West Africa and Portuguese-speaking Africa, National Universities Commission, Abuja, Nigeria, April 7- 8, 2010.
32. 1st International Biotechnology Symposium, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria. April 28 – 30, 2009.
33. 10th Mandatory Training Workshop of the Institute of Public Analysts of Nigeria (IPAN) Quality Assurance & Laboratory Management- Lagos, Nigeria, Nov. 10-11, 2009.
34. 2nd International Workshop for Heads of Biochemistry Department and Units of Tertiary Institutions, Parastatals, Government and Industry, on “Repositioning Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Curricula for Effective Research in Health Science and Enhanced Food Security” National Universities Commission, Abuja, Nigeria, October 28-29, 2009.
35. 29th Annual Conference of Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Federal university of Technology, Akure, Nigeria. December 6 – 9, 2009.
36. Second International Workshop on Pattern Discovery in Biology (IWPDB), Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria, July 2009.
37. “PCR Technology – Training the Trainers: Biotechnology for National Development.” Daniel & Fola Biotechnology Foundation, Lagos, Nigeria; June 23-25, 2009.
38. International Hands-on Training Workshop on Molecular Biology and Applied Biotech, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria, July 28 – August 2, 2008.
39. 27th Annual Conference of Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO), Nigeria. November 6 – 9, 2007.
40. 25th Annual Conference of Nigeria Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Lagos, Nigeria. November 15 – 18, 2005.