Badejo Joke Atinuke
Ph.D., M.Eng , B.Tech (Computer Engineering), R.Engr.(COREN), MNSE (Full CV)
Electrical and Information Engineering
Electrical and Information Engineering
- Image Data Analysis – Biometrics, Biomedical and Digital Pathology
- Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data Analytics
- High Performance Computing
Awards & Honours
2018, AfricaConnect2/WACREN International Travel Grant for TNC18, Trondheim, Norway.
2018, WAVE Grant for AWARD Mentoring and Science Skills Workshop, Abuja, Nigeria
2018, Women-in-West and Central Africa Research and Education Network (WiW) Physical Computing Workshop Grant, University of Lagos, Nigeria
2015, Visiting Researcher, Biomedical Signal Analysis Laboratory, Dept. of Elect. & Computer Engineering, Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY, USA.
2014, IEEE Travel Grant for the Doctoral Consortium at the International Joint Conference on Biometrics, Clearwater, FL, USA.
2014, Best Computer Engineering Lecturer, Department of Electrical and Information Engineering, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria.
2012, International Association for Pattern Recognition Grant for the 9th International Summer School on Biometrics, Alghero-Italy.
2012, MORPHO Grant for the 9th International Summer School on Biometrics, Alghero-Italy.
2003, Best Graduating Female Student, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, LAUTECH, Oyo State, Nigeria
- Digital Image Processing
- Software Engineering
- Digital Signal Processing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Digital System Design with VHDL
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Engineering Mathematics
- Applied Computer Programming
Current Postgraduate Supervision
- Hierarchical Anomaly Detection with Graph Machine Learning for Federated Cloud Infrastructure
- On-Device Contactless Palmprint Recognition System
- A Deep-Learning Based Recognition System Using Large-Scale Face and Voice Traits
- A Secure Framework for Storage of Big Omics Dataset on a Federated Cloud
- Computer-aided Classification of Chest Xray Images for the Diagnosis of COVID-19
- Breast Cancer Histopathological Image Analysis with Deep Learning
- Biomedical Analytics as-a-Service in Cloud Computing
1. Joke A. Badejo (Guest Speaker), “Leveraging e-Resources for the Technological Advancement of Women and Girls”, Women in Technical Education and Employment (WITED), (RECTEM Chapter), June 2020
2. Co-Organiser, Women in WACREN-Nigeria Physical Computing Hackfest, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria. 18-22 November 2019
3. Joke A. Badejo (Guest Speaker), “Open Opportunities for Women in Engineering”, Women in WACREN-Nigeria Physical Computing Community Day, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria. 22 November 2019
4. Joke A. Badejo (Guest Speaker), “The Library and the Researcher: Can two walk together?”, Eko-Konnect Users Conference, University of Lagos, Lagos. January 2019
5. Joke A. Badejo (Presenter), “Digital Crop-Disease Surveillance Systems in sub-Saharan Africa”, Trans-European Research and Education Networking Association (TERENA) Networking Conference, TNC18, Trondheim, Norway. June 2018
6. African Women in Agricultural Research and Development (AWARD). Research Proposal Writing Skills Course. Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria. 5–7 September 2018
7. African Women in Agricultural Research and Development (AWARD). Science Writing and Publishing Skills Course. Ibeto Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria. 7–9 March 2018
8. African Women in Agricultural Research and Development (AWARD). Leadership and Mentoring Skills Course. Ibeto Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria. 5 – 6 March 2018
9. West and Central African Research and Education Network (WACREN). Participation in Physical Computing with Python Workshop for Women. Entrepreneurship & Skills Development Centre in the Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Lagos, Akoka, Nigeria. 22–27 January 2018
10. International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence Conference (CSCI’17), Las Vegas, NV, USA. 14 – 16 December 2017
11. IEEE co-sponsored Future Technologies Conference (FTC’16), Hyatt Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco, CA, USA. 6 – 7 December 2016
12. IEEE International Joint Conference on Biometrics, Sheraton Sand Key Resort, Clearwater, FL, USA. 29 September – 2 October 2014
Detailed Biographical Info
Joke A. Badejo is a Senior Lecturer and the Coordinator of Computer Engineering Program in the Department of Electrical and Information Engineering at Covenant University, Nigeria. She is also a Faculty member of the Covenant Applied Informatics and Communication Africa Centre of Excellence (CApIC-ACE), a World Bank ACE-IMPACT Centre in Covenant University. She received her Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from Covenant University in 2015. Her broad research experiences and interests include biometrics & biomedical image analysis, machine (deep) learning, large-scale data analytics, software engineering, and cloud computing. She works as a co-investigator on a World Bank ACE-IMPACT project targeted at developing a federated genomics cloud infrastructure for precision medicine in Africa. She has also been actively involved in the Covenant University Data Analytics Cluster (CUDAC), which supports data-driven decision making in the University. With more than a decade of computing research, teaching, and leadership experiences, she has published over 40 papers in reputable journals and conference proceedings. Joke is a member of several professional bodies including the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). She enjoys being an academic and loves contributing impactful and cost-effective solutions to current societal engineering problems in Africa.