PhD (Medical Microbiology)
Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria RF (MLS:1518) American Society of Microbiology (Member ID: 56596851) USA Federation of African Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists, Africa African Society for Laboratory Medicine (ASLM), Africa Society for Applied Microbiology UK
College of Science and Technology
Research interests focus on the genomic evaluation of pathogenic enteric bacilli, metagenomic analysis, reverse vaccinology and bioinformatics pipelines for antimicrobial and virulence biomarkers
Awards & Honours
- Recipient, Bill and Melinda Gates foundation Travel awards to Japan (2019)
- Recipient, The World Academy of Science (TWAS), Italy / Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG), Germany (2018)
- Development of Testing Algorithms for SARS CoV2 Grant Award
- Advanced Bacteriology
- Biostatistics, Research Methods and Experimental Design
- Advanced Food Microbiology
- Advanced Food Microbiology
- Advanced Public Health
- Medical Parasitology and Entomology
- Medical Biotechnology
- Clinical Microbiology
- Microbial Genetics
- General Microbiology
- Epidemiology And Public Health Microbiology
- Introductory Parasitology.
Current Postgraduate Supervision
1. UZOMA, DOZIE ROY (14CQ017702). SEROTYPING AND CLONAL DIVERSITY OF PREVALENT non-O157 SHIGA TOXIGENIC Escherichia coli IN SOUTH WEST NIGERIA
1. The Vaccines Against Shigella and ETEC (VASE) Conference (VASE) 2021 Virtual Symposium September 28 & 30th 2021
2. 3rd International Conference on Energy and Sustainable Environment (ICESE) 2021
3. INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ENERGY AND BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING COVENANT UNIVERSITY, OTA 27–29 SEPTEMER, 2021
4. 2021 annual scientific conference and workshop of the Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria Ogun State Branch, 26-29th July 2021at Babcock University illisan Ogun state.
5. West African Bioethics Training Program; 2020
6. SFI Centre For Research Training In Genomics Data Science, Ireland; 2020
7. ASM Microbe 2020 Virtual Conference, July 2020
8. 54th US-Japan Panel conference on cholera and enteric diseases, Osaka, japan, 9-12th December, 2019.
9. The Annual Scientific Conference and Workshop of the Microbiology Society of Nigeria, Crawford University, Igbesa, Nigeria, 2019.
10. Annual Scientific Conference and Workshop of the Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria, Ogun State, 2019.
11. International Conference On Sustainable Development in Africa, Theme: Africa’s Development Agenda: Prospects And Challenges, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State Nigeria Wednesday, June 19-21, 2019
12. Mycotoxicology Society of Nigeria in Conjuction With Covenant University, Ota, 13th Annual Conference Held on 3rd – 5th September, 2019. Theme: Recent Trends in Mycotoxin Research and Management in The Face of a Changing Climate
13. 8th International Biotechnology Conference, Exhibition and Workshop (IBCEW 2018), held at Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria between 11-13th March, 2018.
14. 9th International Biotechnology Workshop (IBCEW 2019), held at Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria between 11-13th March, 2018.
15. International Symposium on Infectious Diseases and Foodborne Pathogen, Berlin, Germany 2018
16. Annual Scientific Conference of The Association of Medical Laboratory Scientist of Nigeria, Theme: The emerging toxic Nigerian environment: The Risks, Challenges and The Way Out on 28th November to 1st December, 2016 at the Federal Medical Center, Abeokuta, Ogun state, Nigeria.
17. 50TH Annual Conference & Workshop/Golden Jubilee Celebration of the Association of Medical Laboratory Scientist of Nigeria in Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria.
18. First ASLM International Conference held between 1st to 7th December, 2012 at Cape Town, South Africa.
19. Maiden conference of the Federation of African Association of Medical Laboratory Scientist, 5-8th October, 2011 at Abuja, Nigeria
20. 2nd International Conference on Biological and Environmental Sciences. Marsoura and Luxor, Egypt. 15-20th March, 2010).
21. 2nd Annual Scientific conference in Health Researches in Nigeria, NIMR, Lagos. 14th -16th, December, 2009)
22. 5TH Biennial Scientific Conference of Association of Clinical Chemists of Nigeria and Inauguration of African Federation of Clinical Chemistry, 25-28 Oct., 2009.
23. 34th Conference of the Nigerian Society for Animal Production:15th-18th March,2009. Uyo, Akwa-Ibom, State.