B.Sc Industrial Chemistry;
M.Sc Industrial Chemistry;
Ph.D Industrial Chemistry
Professor of Industrial Chemistry
College of Science & Technology
Energy and Materials;
Drug synthesis & Characterisation
Awards & Honours
1) Outstanding Lecturer award for 2008/2009 academic session, Chemistry Department, College of Science and Technology, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.
2) Exceptional Lecturer award 2010/2011 academic session, College of Science and Technology, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.
3) Covenant University Chancellor’s Award on High Impact Journal 2010/2011 – Categories B and C. (Totaling 700 USD).
4) TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellow/Award 2011 (FR No: 3240255092) – Central Glass & Ceramics Research Institute, Kolkata, India.
5) Outstanding HOD award for Best Department in the College of Science and Technology for 2014/2015 academic session during the time in office as Head of Department.
6) Outstanding HOD award for Best Department in Covenant University for 2014/2015 academic session during the time in office as Head of Department.
7) Professional FELLOW award of the Chemical Society of Nigeria, September 2017. Awarded at the 40th Annual International Conference of Chemical Society of Nigeria at KADCITY 2017.
Methods for Environmental and Industrial Analysis
Environmental Risk Assessment and Management
Food Chemistry & Drug Design
Advanced Solvent Extraction Techniques
Analysis of Selected Materials
Ceramics and Composite Materials
Industrial Chemistry Laboratory
Unit Operations/Heat transfer
1) TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellow/Award 2011 (FR No: 3240255092) at Central Glass & Ceramics Research Institute, Kolkata, India.
2) Professor S. K. Das, former Director CGCRI, Kolkata, India & Unit Head Refractory Unit, CGCRI, India.
3) Alkem Nigeria Limited Block D, Plot 4, Amuwo Odofin Industrial Estate, Apapa Oshodi Express Way, P.O. Box 52385, Falomo Ikoyi – MoU with Covenant University under Waste to Wealth Initiative for Pet Bottle recycling of the University.
4) Bel Papyrus Limited, Plot 10 Block D Acme Road Ogba Industrial Scheme, Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria – MoU with Covenant University under Waste to Wealth Initiative for Wastepaper recycling of the University
1) Ademosun O.T., Ajanaku C.O., Oloyede M.O., Owolabi A.O., Ajayi S.O., Jonathan H.O. and Ajanaku K.O. (2021) Proximate and sensory evaluation of peanut cakes fortified with moringa oleifera leaf powder 655(124) February 2021. 4th International Conference on Science and Sustainable Development: Advances in Sciences and Technology for Sustainable Development, ICSSD 2020. (Indexed in Scopus).
2) Ademosun T.O., Adebayo A.H., and Ajanaku K.O. (2021) Solanum lycopersicum and Daucus carota: Effective anticancer agents (a mini review) Journal of Physics: Conference SeriesOpen Access 1943(114) July 2021. 10th International Seminar on New Paradigm and Innovation of Natural Sciences and its Application, ISNPINSA 2020 Virtual, Online24 September 2020 to 25 September 2020 (Indexed in Scopus).
3) Edobor-Osoh A., Ita B.I., Ajanaku K.O., de la Presa P., Ehi-Eromosele C.O., (2019) Synthesis, morphological, optical properties of functionalised La0.33Ca0.67MnO3 for antibacterial therapy. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 509 (1), 012040 (Indexed in Scopus).
4) Anwo A.B., Ajanaku K.O., Fayomi O.S.I., Olanrewaju A. (2019) Efficacy of Corrosion phenomena, challenges and control in steel industry: An overview. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2019 (Indexed in Scopus).
5) Edobor-Osoh A., Ita B.I., Ajanaku K.O., de la Presa P., Ehi-Eromosele C.O. (2019) Corrosion inhibitory properties of La0.5Ca0.5MnO3-gold nanoparticles in 1 M HCl. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 509 (1), 012039 (Indexed in Scopus).
6) Akinsiku A.A., Ajanaku K.O., Adekoya J.A., Taiwo O.S., Ayo-Ajayi J. (2019) Room temperature phytosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using leaf extract of Momordica charantia: optical and antimicrobial properties. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 509 (1), 012019 (Indexed in Scopus).
7) Aladesuyi O., Ajanaku K.O., Ayomide B.V., Ademosun T.O., Ajayi S.O. (2019) Corrosion inhibitive properties of Epimedium grandiflorum on mild steel in HCl acidic media. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 509 (1), 012008 (Indexed in Scopus).
8)Ajanaku K.O., Ademosun T.O., Abisola M., Ajanaku C.O., Olasehinde G.I., Adekoya O.F., (2019) Nutritive assessment of sorghum-ogi plantain flour weaning food. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 509 (1), 012006 (Indexed in Scopus).
9)Ajanaku Kolawole O., Emmanuel Olabisi T., Ajanaku Christiana O. and Nwinyi Obinna C. (2017) Sensory Assessment and Nutritional Appraisal of Offal-Fortified Maise-Based Weaning Food. 40th Annual International Conference of Chemical Society of Nigeria, Kadacity, Kaduna, Nigeria. September 18-22, 2017.
10)Ezeoke E.K., Aladesuyi O., Ademosun O., Agoha G.O., Asuquo A., Ibhadode O., and Ajanaku K.O. (2017) Synthesis and Microstructural Study of Alumina Substituted Rice Husk Ash in Kaolin-Alumina Compact. Nigerian Building and Road Research Institute (NBRRI) International Conference, Abuja 2017. June 20-22, 2017.
11)Ajanaku K.O., Aladesuyi O., Adekoya J.A., Ajanaku C.O. and Das S.K. (2016) Microstructural Evolution of Kaolin and Calcined Alumina Powder Compacts Mixture. 39th Annual International Conference of Chemical Society of Nigeria, Garden City, Port Harcourt, Nigeria. September 19-23, 2016.
Detailed Biographical Info
Professor Ajanaku Kolawole Oluseyi was born in Obokun Local Government, Ilesa, Osun State. He attended IMG Primary School in Ibadan for his primary school education; and Ibadan Grammar School, Molete for his Secondary School education. He received his B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D degrees in Industrial Chemistry from the University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria.
His research fields cover waste management; food chemistry; corrosion, CMCs and Nanotechnology. He started his academic carrier at the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, LAUTECH, Ogbomoso. He currently has 27 years of teaching and research experience. He crossed to Covenant University in 2007 where he is presently teaching/researching and is involved in two (2) research clusters in the University. In 2011, Ajanaku won the prestigious TWAS-CSIR postdoctoral fellowship to research in developing a Glass-Ceramic Matrix Composite using Industrial wastes. He completed the post-doc programme at Central Glass and Ceramics Research Institute, Kolkata, India, under the host Supervisor, Professor S. K. Das. He has supervised over seventy-five (75) undergraduate students since the inception of his carrier; graduated four (4) Masters students and five (5) Ph.D students. He currently supervises five (5) postgraduate students in Covenant University. He has co-authored several peer-reviewed publications at local and international levels. He has Scopus h-index of 13 and 491 citations in 51 articles indexed in Scopus journals. He is a Fellow of the Chemical Society of Nigeria.
He was Head of Department of Chemistry in Covenant in 3 successive eras from 2011 to 2015 academic sessions. He was Dean of the College of Science & Technology in Covenant from August 2017 to September 2019. He became the first Professor of Industrial Chemistry of Covenant University in August 2015 with specialization in Materials. He is currently the Chair of (i) the University Waste to Wealth Project Scheme, (ii) CUSAS – Covenant University Scholastic Academic Screening and (iii) Director, Covenant University Centre for Research, Innovation and Discovery (CUCRID). He is a Christian and committed member of Winners’ Chapel. He is married and blessed with children.